Thursday, December 24, 2015

Cats and Christmas Trees: Trouble Waiting to Happen


A short story from the men in Trouble Comes in Threes. This was written in 2014 so some of you may recognize it lol!


Finally.
I picked up a few stray cups of eggnog, took them to the kitchen, and quickly washed them out. The party had gone well. One of my mates, Tal, had come up with the idea of having our Alpha, and the rest of the betas, over for a rousing game of Secret Santa. Since the clowder I now belonged to werecat shifters, they didn’t worship as humans. And since my mates Dolf and Tal found me and mated me, I, too, was no longer human.
Hard to believe it’s almost been a year since that night.
Of course, no longer being human didn’t change the fact I missed having a Christmas tree with a pile of gifts underneath. I glanced over at the soaring, white flocked tree standing in front of the den’s prowl windows. We lived in a huge log house with a truss system that Tal had built before they’d found me.
Honestly, the place was nothing more than a cat play area.
The fireplace crackled, the smell of burning wood relaxing me. This was our first Christmas together, and it had been perfect. The sounds of nails clicking on hardwood floors drew my attention from the fireplace.
A rather large, jet-black cat raced down the hall hot the on the heels of a snow-white cat. Grinning, I sat on the couch. They’d eyed the tree from the first night we’d put it up and decorated it. All those shining, gleaming objects had driven my mates nearly insane.
Cats and Christmas trees. Boy, if that wasn’t just asking for trouble, I didn’t know what was.
A blur of white flew past me as Tal ran the length of the room. Dolf was right behind him, swatting at Tal’s hind legs. Tal yowled playfully over his shoulder at Dolf, and then leaped up to on one of the numerous shelves throughout the den. Dolf sat on the ground, his tail swishing as he looked up at Tal.
“Meooow!” Tal’s playful purr echoed around the room.
Even I heard the dare in that. Shaking my head, I looked at Dolf.
“Meeer,” Dolf answered calmly, and then leaped at the shelf Tal sat on.
Damn, the power in those hind legs was amazing. Tal scrambled down the walkway, hauling ass. He kept going until he hit the truss system of the log cabin, flying across the logs as if he was just a few feet off the floor instead of fifteen feet, if not more. The first time they did this, I just about had a heart attack.
Suddenly, Tal stopped and spun around to face Dolf. Tal arched his back, fluffing up. Dolf stopped too, but didn’t back off. Instead he ignored Tal’s warning  as he slowly prowled closer, his bright blue eyes slitted.
“That never works, pretty kitty,” I called from the couch where I was reclining. “Dolf’s gonna swat that cute little ass of yours if you’re not careful.”
Our sweet little Omega just didn’t have it in himself to intimidate Dolf. For that matter, neither did I, but I did often stand up to the man. The smartass in me couldn’t help himself. Surprisingly, Dolf was okay with that. Said it kept him from being too arrogant. The male was the heir apparent to their clowder. Arrogant was his middle name.
“Meerow.” Tal sniffed at my direction, turning his back to me and sticking his tail straight up.
“Yeah, I’ll take you up on that offer just as soon as you’re human,” I called from the couch. 
“Rawl!” Dolf bellowed in agreement.
Laughing, I watched them race down the truss system to the shelves and on down to the floor. Tal ran at me, jumping on the couch and straight onto my lap.
“And how did I know you’d end up here?” I found myself with a lap full of white cat and sank my hands into that lean, lanky, furry body. “Watch the claws, babe.” Jesus, the last thing I needed was him to sink his claws somewhere important.
Seconds later Dolf launched himself at me, too, and sure enough, I ended up with over sixty pounds of feline sitting on me. Dolf and Tal were the size of Savannahs. They were big, big cats.
Dolf licked my cheek while Tal kneaded my thigh. I ran my hands over both of them, enjoying the silky fur.
“Are we done or….” The flashing lights of the tree caught Tal’s attention, and he was off again. “Oookay, guess not.”
Dolf head butted me, grunted in Tal’s direction, and jumped off me. He raced across the top of the coffee table… and headed straight toward the twinkling Christmas tree.
Oh man, I knew it. It was more than their little kitty nature could handle. “Okay you two, you break any of those ornaments and I’m not gonna be happy.”
Tal landed on one of the few brightly wrapped gifts not yet opened and launched himself up the tree. A flash of black, and there went Dolf too. Damn good thing the tree was ten feet tall and the ointments weren’t glass.
Yeah, I’d had a feeling.
A yowl sounded from the tree, but I couldn’t tell which one it was. In fact, Tal was hard to see since he faded into the white background of the tree, but the sparkly red ball a white paw was batting at was a good clue where he was. I heard hisses and mewls coming from them as they amused themselves.
Then God help us, Tal found the pretty red tinsel I’d draped on the tree. What had I been thinking? And wow, he was having entirely too much fun fighting the stuff. The tree shuddered, and I held my breath, but it stayed upright. The two of them played in there for another fifteen minutes or so while I watched. A few balls fell off, tinsel lay on shreds on the floor, but the tree remained standing.
Somehow. 
While I enjoyed seeing Dolf and Tal in their shifted forms, I was ready to move this night along. I had plans for my mates, and I need them in their human forms. I stood up and unbuttoned my shirt. The yowling and hissing from the tree abruptly stopped, and two pair of bright blue eyes focused on me.
Seeing that I had their attention, I let the gaping shirt slide off and fall to the floor. I ran my hands up and down my chest, making sure my fingers brushed my nipples. Was that purring I heard? After toeing off my shoes, I made sure my ass faced the tree when I unbuttoned my jeans and dropped them.
Then I bent over and pulled off my socks.
Yup, that was a pleased meow I heard behind me. Turning back around, I noticed one of the tree limbs shaking as a streak of black made its way down. I couldn’t see Tal, but I bet he was on his way down too. Deciding to give them more incentive, I fisted my cock. I’d gone commando. Before I could say ‘here kitty, kitty’, my two gorgeous mates had shifted and were sitting naked by the tree.
Tal’s long, white-blond hair fell over his shoulder and partway down his chest. Resting one elbow on his bent knee, I could see his rosy, hard cock. Dolf sat crossed-legged, his shaft standing up too. His black hair was messy, flopping over his forehead and into those bright blue eyes. Both of them were long and lean with a swimmer’s build… and so sexy they made my mouth water.
Happy Christmas to me.
Walking over to the fireplace, I knelt on the fur rug. Dolf and Tal rose gracefully to their feet and came to stand in front of me. Both of their cocks were nice and long, but Dolf had about a half-inch on Tal. But then, Tal was a bit thicker. My cock bobbed eagerly as I grabbed Dolf by the hips and pulled him closer. I couldn’t wait to get my mouth on that hard dick so teasingly close.
I licked the head then nibbled around the crown. Pre-come glistened at the tip, the salty taste exploding on my tongue. I licked my lips. Dolf’s taste was a little more tart than Tal’s, just as the man was. Holding his shaft, I tongued the thick vein that ran the length. Dolf buried his hands in my hair and tugged me closer.
The slight spark of pain raced down my body and ended at my shaft. He knew I liked a little pain, and he liked giving it to me. My hands clutching his hips, I dropped my mouth over his dick. Silken steel and heat. He was so hard against my tongue.
“Mmm, so good, sexy,” Dolf mumbled.
I glanced up at him. Steel and heat described the man too.
“Yeah, just like that,” Dolf muttered. “Let me see those eyes while I fuck that mouth.”
He tangled his fingers in my hair, urging me to take more, to go faster. Dolf threw his head back, the cords in his throat standing out. Grabbing both of his ass cheeks, I pulled him closer. Dolf hissed, and I caught the flash of a fang as pleasure drove him.
“I want in here, please, Kirk. Gods.” Tal caressed my ass, his fingers cool and slick. Wonder when he got lube? Closing my eyes, I moaned around Dolf’s shaft, and the vibrations caused Dolf to moan too.
Dolf tapped my cheek, and I pulled off his cock, abet very slowly. “What?” I whined, his shaft still nodding right in front of my face. “I was busy, you know.”
Dolf tapped his cock against my lips, smearing pre-come. “Be good, and I’ll let you get back to what you were doing. But first, hands and knees.”
I couldn’t get there fast enough, even knowing the angle wasn’t going to be comfortable. But, before I could say anything, Dolf sat on the furry rug and lay back. Oh yeah, now that I could work with. Dolf grasped his cock and spread his legs. I fully intended to get back to that, but first… I grasped Dolf’s ankle and lifted it.
“Fuck, yeah.” Dolf watched me.
Dolf sighed softly as I rubbed the arch of his foot against my face then nipped one of his toes. His cock jerked on his belly. My foot fetish made this male, who didn’t care to bottom, absolutely crazy even if he wasn’t in the mood to bottom. I was relieved since so many of the other guys I’d hooked up with laughed at me for it.
It didn’t do much for Tal, except make him giggle. I licked and nibbled on those long toes of his, enjoying his grunts of pleasure. Those slim ankles of his called to me, and I placed kissed there too. God, I love this male.
“Keep that up and I’m going to come, sexy,” Dolf warned.
I kissed his instep. “Well, can’t have that.”
Tal patted my ass. “Bend over please, Kirk. I need to open you up.”
I kissed my way back up Dolf’s hairy leg until I found my other source of pleasure. I nuzzle Dolf’s shaft while Tal worked one slick finger, then another, in me. A small flash of pain was a small price to pay, and I liked it. Tal hit my hot spot and pleasure stabbed me.
I thrust back, wanting more. I sucked Dolf’s cock down while Tal slicked me up. I was very thankful we’d taken to keeping lube all over the house. My sweet Tal eased his way inside me, stroking his hands over my lower back. Tal thrust slowly then moved faster as I moved with him. God, I love this man too. He was always so caring when he took me.
I glanced up at Dolf, watching the pleasure I brought him flash over his face. The three of us moved together, each giving and taking. The lights flashed from our Christmas tree and the fire cast a warm glow over the room.
Our love blanketed us as skin slapped on skin. Tal’s shaft tapped my hot spot repeatedly, pushing me ever closer to orgasm. My dick bounced under me, and I knew I was close to coming, even without any friction on my poor needy dick. I deep-throated Dolf as Tal slammed in me… then my toes curled, and I came. Lights flashed in my mind.
Yup, angels sang, and I even heard two strangled yowls as my mates came.
For a few moments, we lay there, holding each other while the fire crackled. Tomorrow was Christmas day, but we didn’t have plans outside of just lazing around. There would be time enough later to deal with clowder issues, Heller, and the day-to-day life living in a triad. For now, I had my two mates close to me, warm and happy. What more could a guy ask for?




~Art work by Gus Li